Traverse the Natural Park of Fanes-Sennes-Braies
Hiking in the Dolomites is like stepping into a fairy tale.
- Destination from Alta Badia to Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Level of difficulty easy/intermediate
- Duration 4 nights/5 days
- Departure dates mid-June - mid-October
Arrive in Alta Badia via private transfer or on your own. Check into your charming 3-star superior family-run hotel, where a tour briefing will be organized based on your arrival time.
Explore the Natural Park of Fanes-Sennes-Braies
Immerse yourself in the stunning beauty of the Dolomites and regenerate your mind and body with a hiking adventure in the UNESCO Natural Park of Fanes-Sennes-Braies. Begin your journey with a short ride on public transportation, then take in the tranquil surroundings and listen to the whistling marmots as you start your hike. Pause for a break at a picturesque lake and unwind amidst the serene beauty of the Dolomites before making your way to your mountain inn for the night. This unforgettable experience will leave you feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.
hiking time: 3 hours
length: 8,5 km
difference in level: + 511 m difference in level: 174 m
highest point: 2.171 m lowest point: 1.724 m
Begin your day on a high note with a sumptuous breakfast before embarking on the famous Alta Via No. 1. This awe-inspiring trail winds through the spellbinding Fanes-Sennes-Braies Nature Park, offering panoramic views of the surrounding mountains at every turn. Take a break midway through the hike at a mountain hut and treat yourself to the tantalizing flavors of Ladin cuisine. After lunch, continue your walk towards your mountain hut, where you'll be spending the night. As the sun sets behind the towering peaks, settle in for a cozy night amidst the serene beauty of the Dolomites. This unforgettable adventure will leave you feeling invigorated and inspired.
hiking time: 3 hours length: 8 km
difference in level: + 480 m difference in level: 573 m
highest point: 2.063 m lowest point: 1.543 m
Hike to Cortina d’Ampezzo
It's your final day of hiking, and the perfect destination to end your journey is the charming town of Cortina d'Ampezzo - the future host of the Winter Olympics in 2026. As you head towards Cortina, marvel at the breathtaking scenery that surrounds you, and soak in the serene beauty of the Dolomites. Once you arrive, explore the town's vibrant culture, sample the delicious regional cuisine, immerse yourself in the local way of life, and get ready to create unforgettable memories in this enchanting alpine town.
hiking time: 4,5 hours length: 14 km
difference in level: + 136 m difference in level: 793 m
highest point: 2.003 m lowest point: 1.296 m
Breakfast and departure on your own - private transfer on request.
On option, to add a few more days in Cortina d’Ampezzo or Alta Badia (Family-run B&B, 3 or 4-star hotels) and/or to add a Via Ferrata day with your local English-speaking UIAGM/IFMGA professional mountain guide-
- - Tailor-made trip organization
- - 2-night accommodation at a mountain hut with half-board (private rooms/dormitory depending on availability),
- - 1-night accommodation at a Family run hotel in Alta Badia with half-board
- - 1-night accommodation at a Family run B&B in Cortina d’Ampezzo with breakfast,
- - your hiking map
- - Italian VAT and tourist taxes
Costs not included
Airfare, trains, public buses, insurance, drinks, lunches, dinner on day 4, food & beverage during the excursions, cable cars, museum entrance fees, local English-speaking guide (on request), in/out airport transfers (on request), holiday extensions, souvenirs, private expences, tips and anything NOT mentioned in “costs included”.
Please note, that all guided tours may be subject to changes, depending on:
- weather conditions
- the physical condition of each participant
- equipment and clothing not suitable for the excursion (e.g. sneakers instead of mountain boots, clothing not suited to the weather conditions...)
- the itinerary doesn’t include any travel or health insurance
Services on request
- airport in/out transfers,
- holiday extensions,
- helicopter flights over the Dolomites
- dinners at special locations
- local English-speaking UIAGM/IFMGA professional mountain guide for a Via Ferrata day
- single supplements at hotels/B&B/mountain huts
For any further requests, do not hesitate to contact us!
On request: Single supplement (if available)
Please note: in the high season period July & August the cost can raise between 6 – 12% of the given cost.