Christmas Markets and Ski Safari in the Dolomites
Enjoy the enchanting Christmas atmosphere of the Dolomites.
- Destination The UNESCO World Heritage site, the Dolomites
- Difficulty Level intermediate
- Duration 5 nights/6 days
- Combination of guided and self-guided
- Departure dates 03.12 – 10.12 & 17.12.2023
Arrival at the Dolomites
The Christmas markets are usually decorated with festive lights, and garlands and offer traditional wood carvings, handcrafted goods, and glittering ornaments for your Christmas tree. A lively and joyful atmosphere, filled with the scent of cinnamon, gingerbread, and hot mulled wine, is not to be missed!
The Sellaronda is the most famous ski tour of the Dolomites. Starting from Alta Badia, you will ski around the Sella massif, crossing 4 valleys: Val Badia, Val Gardena, Val di Fassa, and Val di Fodom for a total of about 40 km of skiable slopes.
Ski in Cortina d’Ampezzo
Cortina is a mountain village surrounded by beautiful peaks and is famous for the 1956 Winter Olympic Games. You will have the opportunity to ski on the steep slopes of Tofane and Faloria. Cortina d'Ampezzo is also known for its gastronomic scene, with a large selection of restaurants offering traditional and innovative dishes.
Ski in the Alta Pusteria
The peaks of the "Tre Cime", the Sesto, and Braies Dolomites make up the imposing landscape of the Alta Val Pusteria. The skiing areas extend around the 5 main villages of Sesto, San Candido, Dobbiaco, Villabassa, and Braies. After skiing, enjoy the rest of the day visiting a typical Christmas Market of Alta Pusteria, and don't miss tasting the traditional "vin brulé", the spicy mulled wine.
Plan de Corones
Ski in this beautiful area and make sure to visit the famous Messner Mountain Museum -MMM-. In the late afternoon, after skiing, be enveloped by the warm atmosphere of its town's characteristic Christmas market, full of handicrafts, Christmas decorations, and traditional South Tyrolean culinary specialties.
Breakfast & departure – private transfer on request.
On request, option to add a few more days of skiing and relaxation.
- Itinerary development and reservations
- Local English-speaking UIAGM/IFMGA professional mountain guide for 4 guided days,
- 2-night accommodation at 3* Hotel in Alta Badia with half board
- 2-night accommodation at 3* Hotel in Alta Pusteria with half board
- 1-night accommodation at 3*Hotel in Brunico with breakfast
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Luggage transfer
- 4 days Dolomiti Superskipass
- Italian VAT & tourist taxes
Costs not included
Airfare, trains, buses, ski rental, insurance, drinks, lunches, dinner on the last evening, food & beverage during the guided excursions, museum entrance fees, private expenses, souvenirs, tips and anything NOT mentioned in “costs included”.
Please note, that all guided tours may be subject to changes, depending on:
- weather conditions
- the physical condition of each participant
- equipment and clothing not suitable for the excursion
- the itinerary doesn’t include any travel or health insurance
Service on request
- in & out private airport transfers
- helicopter transfers
- holiday extensions
- off-piste ski day, ski touring day, or snowshoe excursion with a local English-speaking UIAGM/IFMGA professional mountain guide
- dinners at special locations
- ski rental
- upgrade to 4 or 5* hotels
For any further requests do not hesitate to ask us!
3 – 4 persons: starting at € 3.190,00/person
5 – 6 persons: starting at € 2.890,00/person
7 – 8 persons: starting at € 2.690,00/person
single supplements on request
In the high season period Christmas & New Year’s Eve, February until mid-March, the cost can raise between 6 – 12% of the given cost.