World War I Tour of the Dolomites
The Dolomites became the site of an incredible high-altitude war during WWI.
- Destination Val Pusteria – Cortina d’Ampezzo
- Difficulty level easy
- Duration 4 nights/5 days
- Bespoke trip
- Departure dates mid-June – mid-September
Arrive at Alta Pusteria on your own or private transfer on request.
Check into your cozy family-run Hotel and enjoy the first day in the beautiful Dolomites.
Join your guide for an exciting day of exploration in Alta Pusteria. Start by visiting a picturesque mountain village surrounded by majestic peaks and a turquoise lake, made famous by its appearance in several films. This stunning location is one of the gems of the Dolomites and offers immense beauty. In the afternoon, venture underground to discover a Cold War bunker. Explore the 3,600 m3 concrete and steel shell, covering an area of 200 m2, and embark on a thrilling historical journey that bridges the past and present.
Tre Cime di Lavaredo circumnavigation
After breakfast take a short private transfer to the gate of the “3 Peaks Natural Park”. The "3 Cime di Lavaredo" mountains are the iconic symbol of the Dolomites and have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site, alongside the other peaks in the region, in 2009. Upon finishing the 3 Cime tour, you will be transported to Cortina d'Ampezzo with a private transfer. This charming town will host the 2026 Winter Olympics. Along the way, take a brief Italian coffee break by the peaceful lake.
Check into your hotel in Cortina and enjoy your evening in the small mountain city of Cortina
hiking time: 4 hours
length: 9,7 km
difference in level: + 410 m/ - 403 m
highest point: 2.451m lowest point: 2.170 m
World War I Open Air Museum
After enjoying breakfast, take a private transfer to the open-air museum of the I World War, where you can explore the historical marks left in the trenches. This area, surrounded by towering mountains, is of rare beauty, and it's hard to imagine that a war was fought here.
Spend the late afternoon strolling around the beautiful town of Cortina d’Ampezzo.
Breakfast and departure on your own (private transfer on request) or option to spend further days in the Dolomites. Simply get in touch with us!
- itinerary development and reservation of the accommodation
- 2 night accommodation at a Family run 3*hotel with half-board in Val Pusteria
- 2 night accommodation at a 3*hotel with breakfast in Cortina d’Ampezzo
- transfers as per itinerary
- local English-speaking guide for 3 guided days
- chair lift cost on day 4
- your hiking map
- luggage transfer from Val Pusteria to Cortina d’Ampezzo
- Italian VAT and tourist taxes
Costs not included
Airfare, trains, busses, insurance, tips, drinks, lunches, food & beverage during the excursions, dinners in Cortina d’Ampezzo, cable cars (except on day 4), tips, private expenses, souvenirs and anything NOT mentioned in “costs included”.
Please note, that all guided tours may be subject to changes, depending on:
- weather conditions
- the physical condition of each participant
- equipment and clothing not suitable for the excursion (e.g. sneakers instead of mountain boots, clothing not suited to the weather conditions...)
- the itinerary doesn’t include any travel or health insurance
Services on request
- airport in/out transfers,
- local English-speaking UIAGM/IFMGA professional guide for a Via Ferrata day
- holiday extensions,
- helicopter flights over the Dolomites
- dinners at special locations
- single supplements at hotels/B&B/mountain huts
For any further requests, do not hesitate to ask us!
2 - 3 persons - starting at € 1.960,00/person
3 - 5 persons - starting at € 1.580,00/person
6 - 8 persons - starting at € 1.380,00/person
Single supplement on request
Please note: in the high season period July & August the cost can raise between 6 – 12% of the given cost.