Exciting journey in Val di Fassa and Alta Badia
"Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow." Henry David Thoreau
- Destination Val di Fassa to Alta Badia
- Difficulty level intermediate
- Duration 6 nights/7 days
- Bespoke trip & group departure
- Guided trip
- Departure date mid-June – mid-September
- Group departure dates 15.07.2023 & 16.09.2023 – other dates on request
Arrival to Val di Fassa on your own or private transfer on request.
Check into your beautiful mountain hut, relax, and enjoy the sunset over the Dolomites.
Val di Fassa
Meet your local English-speaking UIAGM/IFMGA professional mountain guide for a short trip briefing and start together your first hiking day, 6 hours of hiking surrounded by magnificent views over the Dolomites, declared in 2009 as a Unesco World Heritage site. Overnight at a mountain inn.
hiking time: 6,30 hours length: 14 km
difference in level: + 1.708 m/ - 1.532 m
highest point: 2.687 m
lowest point: 1.974 m
Terrace of the Dolomites at 3.152 m
The Terrace of the Dolomites, the Passo Pordoi, is a stunning viewpoint located at an altitude of 3,152 meters and a popular destination for tourists and outdoor enthusiasts, particularly for hiking, cycling, and skiing who can gaze at the surrounding mountains and valleys, including the famous Marmolada glacier, which is the highest peak in the Dolomites.
hiking time: 3 hours length: 7,3 km
difference in level: + 370 m/ - 819 m
highest point: 3.152 m lowest point: 2.528 m
Hiking traverse to the WWI area
Enjoy an easy hike surrounded by unique mountains such as La Varella, Santa Croce, Lagazuoi, Col di Lana, and Marmolada, which is the only glacier in the Dolomites, and also called "the Queen of the Dolomites."
It's difficult to imagine that such a peaceful place was once the site of brutal conflict during World War I. You will spend the night in a mountain inn, just a step away from the stars!
hiking time: 7 hours length: 20 km
difference in level: + 879 m/ - 1.434 m
highest point: 2.546 m lowest point: 1.851 m
Natural Park of Fanes-Sennes-Braies
Today hiking in the beautiful Fanes-Sennes-Braies Nature Park, the Fanes-Sennes-Braies Nature Park is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including chamois, ibex, eagles, and many species of alpine birds and plants. But the undisputed inhabitants of this area are the marmots, and you can often listen to their distinctive whistling calls.
hiking time: 4,30 hours length: 10 km
difference in level: + 1.161 m/ - 1.085 m
highest point: 2.638 m
lowest point: 1.988 m
Hike to Alta Badia
Leave the rifugio and hike up through the mountains. From the summit, at 2.533 m of altitude, you will admire the panorama of the Val Badia. Descend to the village and check in at a cozy Family run B&B.
Enjoy a special dinner with local specialties served in an old farmhouse, where time seems to stand still.
hiking time: 5 hours length: 12 km
difference in level: + 631 m/ - 1.213 m
highest point: 2.531 m lowest point: 1.386 m
Departure on your own or private transfer on request.
- Tailor-made trip organization
- Trip briefing on arrival day
- 2-night accommodation at a 3* Hotel in Cortina d’Ampezzo with breakfast
- 1-night accommodation at a mountain hut with half-board,
- 2-night accommodation at a 3* Family run B&B in Alta Badia with half-board
- 2-night accommodation at a 3* Family run B&B in Val Gardena with breakfast
- Private transfers as per itinerary (Day 2, 3 & 6)
- Luggage transfer from Cortina to Alta Badia and on to Val Gardena
- Italian VAT & tourist taxes
Costs not included
Airfare, trains, buses, insurance, tips, drinks, lunches, food & beverage during the excursions, dinners, cable cars, tips, private expenses, souvenirs, and anything NOT mentioned in “costs included”.
Please note, that all guided tours may be subject to changes, depending on:
- weather conditions
- the physical condition of each participant
- equipment and clothing not suitable for the excursion (e.g. sneakers instead of mountain boots, clothing not suited to the weather conditions...)
- the itinerary doesn’t include any travel or health insurance
Services on request
- airport in/out transfers,
- local English-speaking guide for a guided trip
- holiday extensions,
- helicopter flights over the Dolomites
- dinners at special locations
- typical Ladin dinner served in an old farmhouse
- private visit to a deer park and “aperitivo” in an old farmhouse (min. 4 persons)
- single supplements at hotels/B&B/mountain huts
- 3–5 persons: starting at € 2.590,00/person
- 6–12 persons: starting at € 1.990,00/person
Please note: in the high season period July & August the cost can raise between 6 – 12% of the given cost.